Port St. Joe
The birthplace of Florida's Constitution, Home of Sacred Heart Hospital
and Port St. Joe Marina
Port St. Joe is definitely one of Florida's best kept secrets! Slowly but surely, this secret that locals have cherished for generations, is becoming more discovered with each passing year. Known as Florida's Largest City in the 1840s...Our coastal town is most significantly the birth place of the signing of Florida's 1st Constitution in 1922 and known in the history books as the "Constitution City"!
Along with its rich heritage, Port St. Joe exudes the feeling of true "Old Florida", as the natural landscaping and laid back lifestyle seem to take you back in time to an era worth slowing down for. Located at the intersection of Highway 98 and State Road 71, the shores of St. Joseph Bay is where citizens of Port St. Joe live, work, and play!
The nearby beaches of Port St. Joe are noted as some of the best in the world, with rolling dunes of sugar white sand and emerald blue water. Like to FISH or snorkel in search of succulent St. Joe Bay Scallops? The pristine water of St. Joseph Bay, which outlines the town of Port St. Joe and Cape San Bas, is accessible to all anglers, no matter what the water craft: motor boats, canoes, kayaks, and pretty much any floatation devices are welcome here!!
Beautiful Coastal Scenery, Significant Cultural History, and the Most Delectable Bay Scallops anywhere around - are just 3 Reasons why Port St. Joe is the PLACE TO BE! This Coastal Community offers all that and so much more!
Surrounding Areas include:
- Panama City - 38 Miles NORTHWEST - Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
- Dothan, AL - 119 Miles NORTH
- Tallahassee - 102 Miles NORTHEAST - Capital of Florida
- Atlanta, GA - 325 Miles NORTHEAST
- St. George Island - 45 Miles SOUTHEAST - Home to Historical St. George Island Lighthouse
- Eastpoint - 30 Miles SOUTHEAST - Central Point of Forgotten Coast & Million-Dollar Seafood Industry
- Mexico Beach - 12 Miles NORTHWEST
- Indian Pass - 12 Miles SOUTHEAST - Indian Pass Campground
- Cape San Blas - 5 Miles SOUTH - St. Joseph Bay Preserve & St. Joseph Peninsula State Park - Ranked #1 Best Beach in America in 2002!
- St. Vincent Island - 19 Miles SOUTHEAST - St. Vincent Island National Wildlife Refuge